Sunday, February 12, 2012

"Love is in the air" - Challenge Me Monday #97

The entire card - where you can see the inside of the card after folding over part of the front.
Close up of the front

Is everyone ready for Valentine's Day?  With only a couple more days left, I am finishing up a couple last minute items on my check list....  One item being a card for my husband, who has really come to appreciate & expects my homemade cards. I wanted to make a card with hearts on the card, since the challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut is 'Love is in the air' where you are to use a heart on your project. 
I used paper with hearts, a heart in the words that say "I love u" as well as the heart on the lovebug.  I did a couple different things on this card than I haven't done before....  I created a standard 4x6 card, but folded over the front of the card by 1", layered the folded piece with paper & twine, and then glued it down where you would be able to see part of the inside of the card's color.  I also used a circle punch to cut out several circle's which I glued behind one of the layers of paper to create a scalloped look.  I like how folding over part of the front & the faux scallop look....thinking I will use them again in other projects.  Thanks for stopping by & taking a peek!!

Recipe for these projects:
- Love Bug from Create a Critter Cricut Cartridge cut at 3
- Heart from Sweethearts Cricut Cartridge cut at 2
- QuikKutz Revolution Tool with the Aquarius font for the 'I' & 'U'
- Hero Arts Stamp - Valentine Sayings - 'Happy Valentine's Day', inside each card
- Peachy Keen Stamp - PK-490 Everyday Character Face Assortment - 1/2" smiley face
- Versafine Stamp Ink in Onyx Black
- Doodle Design Inc - Doodle Twine - Valentine's Assortment
- Black Gelly Roll Pen Medium, to do the faux stitching
- White Gelly Roll Pen Medium, to do the faux stitching
- Pink Shimmer Gelly Roll Pen Medium, to do the cheeks
- Martha Stewart Circle Punch, to create scalloped border
- Scotch Advanced Tape Glider

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute Melissa! I love the way you did the twine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, too cute! I love that love bug and his cute little face! The papers are so sweet too.
    Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Great idea for the fold and the punched circles to create the scalloped border!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pretty.

    Please drop me an email when you get a minute at beckie_woodall at yahoo.com

    Be blessed, Beckie
    Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog DT member

    ReplyDelete