Welcome to Scrappy MAC Designs and the SEVENTH Fantabulous Cricut Crawl.....Fantabulous Cricut's version of a Blog Hop!
In honor of our Home Planet, Mother Earth, we're having a "Save the Earth" Crawl...each Design Team member will be featuring an original Upcycled-Themed Project that includes at least one Reuseable/Recycled Item along with at least ONE Cricut Cut.
If you've come from visiting Megan over at Saxey Designs, you're in the right place! If you've just happened across my blog and would like to play along with our Fantabulous Cricut Crawl, start HERE.
Make sure to check out each DT member's blog for some awesome inspiration! There will be PRIZES along the way at our DT members' blogs, AND there will be a Grand Prize up for grabs at FCCB for one participant that submits a "Save the Earth" project at FCCB! How fun is that?
For my project...I used a Jif Peanut Butter Jar that I had saved for an event such as this...to be able to reuse it for a project, like a candy jar, instead of it going to a landfill!! All the paper that I used was from my supply of scraps that I have kept from other projects. All the embellishments were extras that I just had sitting around or ones that I had cut or made for other projects but just didn't use them for what ever reason. I have to say that I was pretty excited to use things that I already had that might normally had gotten discarded. :) The only thing that I bought for the project was the Snicker's candy bars that went inside, which are my dad's favorite. He was facing some scary medical issues, which he is really good now, so I stuck to bright fun colors & spring-ish items like Butterflies to lighten the mood. He has already asked me how the jar gets refilled. :)
|Before - Recycled Jif Peanut Butter Jar|
|After - Recycled Jif Peanut Butter Jar with Mini Snicker's|
|The Lid & Tag close up before assembled - which shows the 3D butterflies|
Did someone mention prizes?!? :) One of my lucky followers will be randomly picked to win a $20 gift card to one of my FAVORITE stores....Archiver's. Not a follower? That's ok...you have until May 7th to become one. I will announce the winner next week.
Now it's your turn! Let's see your Upcycled-Themed projects! Make sure to include a Cricut Cut somewhere on your project!
Your next stop...Robin's blog over at Robin's Creative Cottage. Go see what she has in store for you today... And when you're done, make sure to link up your project to FCCB's Fantabulous Cricut Crawl post to be entered into the contest!
- Small Tag from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More Cricut Cartridge cut at 3.25
- Larger Tag, behind the Small Tag, from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More Cricut Cartridge cut at 3.84
- Sweet from From My Kitchen Cricut Cartridge cut at 1.75
- Candy from Doodlecharms Cricut Cartridge cut at 3
- QuikKutz Revolution Tool with the Squared & Circle Scalloped diecut
- EK Butterfly Punches, small & medium
- Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio Tool - Round 25
- Epiphany Crafts Clear Round 25
- Vintage Edition Decorative Bottle Caps
- Tim Holtz Fragments, oval tag
- Glossy Accents
- Hero Arts Stamp - Everyday Sayings - 'Just because...'
- Chalk around butterflies
- We R Memory eyelets for tag
- We R Memory flower brad
- My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Twine, Charmed
- Studio His & Hers White Tulle
- iRock jewel, hot pink
- Gelly Roll Pen, medium, black & silver