Monday, March 12, 2012

Yappy Birthday


Hope you all had a great weekend!  My weekend was a great finish to a great birthday week, after being spoiled by my family & friends...I was able to spend Saturday evening scrapbooking/crafting with one of my best friends.  This is the first time I was able to actually scrapbook this enitre week though, since my gift to myself was catching a horrible cold that caused me to miss 3 days of work & even spend my birthday evening in bed. :(  So needless to say....I was not only excited to get out of the house but to also be able to hang out with the bestie while working on some projects.

One of the projects I was able to make was this birthday card for another friend of ours who scrapbooks with us off and on & who's husband I used to work with.  She loves her doggies as much as I do....s much that we treat our animals like they are our kiddos....we dress them up....which is always nice to know that you are not the only one.  :) 

This is my baby.....Shelbi.  She loves dress up time with Mommy. :)

I have never posted a picture of my kiddo, and with this post being a card of a doggie for another fellow dog lover, I decided I would. This is Shelbi dressed up in her Halloween costume, which happens to be one of my favorite picture's of her. :)  Thanks for stopping by & taking a peek!!

Recipe for this project:
- Dog from Everyday Paper Dolls Cricut Cartridge cut at 2.5
- Dog Bone from Everyday Paper Dolls Cricut Cartridge cut at 10
- Card from Birthday Bash Cricut Cartridge cut at 4 x 10
- Pink Stamper - Even More Punny-licious - 'Yappy Birthday'
- Peachy Keen Stamp - PK-490 Everyday Character Face Assortment - 3/4" blinking smiley face
- Versafine Stamp Ink in Onyx Black
- Gelly Roll Pen Medium - White, Black & Silver Glitter, to do the faux stitching
- My Mind's Eye - Lime Twist Twine - Out of the Blue "Smile"
- My Mind's Eye - Lime Twist Twine - Happy Go Lucky "Happy" 
- Pop Dots on Dog Bone

3 comments:

  1. Aaaaw,what a sweet card! The background paper and the puppy cut is just adorable! Love this!
    Your puppy is so stinken cute too:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute! Love that dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card Melissa, the dog face is adorable---and the pic of Shelbi is too, love her costume!!

    ReplyDelete