Monday, May 30, 2011

Magnetic Picture Frames



 
While shopping at Hobby Lobby on one of my many scrapbooking shopping trips, I was going through the clearance section & found a roll of magnetic sheets that are for the Cricut.  I got a couple of them thinking that I would find something to use them for later down the road.  I was cleaning out the fridge this week, and I knew what my next project was going to be....picture frames to frame my pictures that were just randomly hanging on the fridge.  I am pretty happy with how the frames turned out and how colorful and organized they look on the fridge now.

Recipe for this project:
- Cricut Cuttables White Magnet Material
- Plantin SchoolBook Cricut Cartridge, using 2 rectangles, one inside the other
- Life is a Beach Cricut Cartridge, to cut out items for the Explore frame
- Fish embossed stamp punch, for the Explore frame
- Butterfly stamp punch, for the Friendship frame
- All the paper was random scraps that I had kept
- Chalk, to go around the edge of the frames
- Gypsy, to create the frames to the correct measurements to fit around the different sized photos
- colored jewels for embellishments
- Rock Candy Sticklers to go around the words on both frames for embellishments
- Collage 'Pauge - Instant Decoupage Matte Finish, to seal the frame in case it gets wet
- Foam craft brush to apply the decoupage onto the frames

2 comments:

  1. So cute, what a great idea!!! You should enter them into Emma's My Creative Time challenge, it's called the Throwback Thursday challenge--use any old cart along with the colors green & yellow--a perfect fit!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, these are awesome, great find...hope your weekend is fabby!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete